04 February 2014

John Dick 50k - DNS

Not happy.  I was really looking forward to this one.  It was going to be a tough, challenging, snowy day in the woods.  There were going to be a bunch of running acquaintances there that I'd be able to spend some time with.

Instead, after about 45 minutes of driving to the race, I turned around.  I had just lost my breakfast again, and felt clammy, dizzy, and just all-around crappy.  To top it off, the roads were worsening with each mile, and I didn't feel like dealing with that, either.  So, I turned around.

Ugh.  Like I said, I was looking forward to this.  I have nothing on my schedule until Ice Age, now.  I guess a positive would be that the fire is burning bright now to run Ice Age.  Hopefully this weekend I'll get out for my own little fun run at Parnell--a couple hours out there will feel pretty good.

Another bright spot is that I'm only out $10 for not going to the race.  Can't complain toooo much about that!

See ya next year, Mr. John Dick.

1 comment:

nikki said...

bummer! i hope you feel better! see ya at ice age!