19 February 2013

January & February Recap

I'm pretty sure the last 2 months can be summed up in the following:

Snow.  Cold.  Wind.  Ice.

Having moved in to the country, at the end of a 1.2 mile gravel road, I have a new appreciation for YakTrax.  While My new digs offers a direct, 1.5 single track trail that connects to the Ice Age Trail, the road conditions have been horrendous.  Combine the above listed conditions, with the darkness of this time of year, and my training isn't where I want it to be.  Especially considering I'm signed up for a TRAIL 50 miler in May. 

I have spent the time running in the last two months working on my MAF goals with more base endurance.  Last week was my biggest week yet, with about 40 miles of running.  I felt stronger as the week moved on too.  I even got my long run up to about 2 hours. 

Then, this week comes along, and it rains yesterday and is blizzard-like today.  I'm hoping to get some time running in tonight...but we shall see.

On the bright side, I'm officially signed up for something I've always wanted to do: 2 marathons in 2 weeks.  September 7th will be Lapham Peak, and the 14th will be the NF Endurance Challenge.  Both Trail Marathons, both on great courses.  Looking forward to training for them...on DIRT!

Cmon, spring...

1 comment:

Matt said...

Yeah all this snow and ice is really getting old isn't it? Remember how warm March was last year? I'm hoping that repeats itself this year. I think next year I'm going to plan a trip to Arizona or something to get some runs in out there and mix it up a bit. I'm sick of all the white day after day after day...