- Kiel, WI is getting snowed on. Big time. And I think the management department of Kiel, WI is afraid of running out of road salt. The streets of metro Kiel (okay, "metro" is a huuuuge stretch)--The streets of not-narrow-county-roads-designed-for-tractors Kiel is a huge skating rink. NOT a good thing when you drive a 1993 Pontiac
M1-A1 TankBonneville with 195,000 miles on it. Good thing I'm bigger (when in my car--otherwise I'm not all that big) than most other cars, save the tractors.
- Above-mentioned snow makes running a bit difficult. Not for me--for Parsenn. He doesn't care for the cold icy sidewalks. I'm a bit disappointed in his bare-pawed wussiness.
- I've got nothing to really train for now. It seems my weekly mileage line graph is doing its best imitation of WalMart stock after Marcy's anti-endorsement of their shopping experience --down down down (never doubt the Power of Marcy and her stalkership!).
- Speaking of #3, the rest of my year in terms of running consists of running my version of the 50/50/50 at the end of the year. I'm running 28 miles to celebrate my 28th birthday on December 28. Technically my B-day is December 30th, but that's a work day, so I'm moving it up a bit. Last year's 27/27 was a lot of fun, and I'm hoping for the same "fun" this year. So far, Wisconsin weather is cooperating! I'm still accepting offers for a book deal about "Things I learned while running 28 miles on my 28th birthday on December 28th."
- I'm really loving work right now. It's fun to go to a job that you feel like you were meant to do. Life is good in that department, and there will be more on that topic in the coming months, so stay tuned (as if you have anything better to do).
- My next marathon is on January 17--and it'll be interesting!
- Next year's goals are starting to take form. I want to get under 3 hours in the marathon at some point, and I want to run more on trails. I'm really looking forward to two specific events and hope the scheduling works out. Because of work, Boston is on the docket for 2010. This spring will be a little crazy so I decided to hold off my Left turn on Boylston for another year. Plus, that gives several other runners time to make it there with me.
- I'm really excited to find out what happens in San Francisco this weekend at the North Face Endurance Challenge Championships. $10,000 goes to the winner, and the field is stacked!