30 January 2008

Shortest training run yet

Yesterday I ran to the end of my driveway, turned around, and came back in. I could tell all morning my knee was sore, and it acted up with the onset of running, so despite Doug's inspirational tempo run yesterday (including a 6:02 mile) and my ambition to crank out a couple fast miles myself (after all, we're supposed to be running 3:00 in Chicago together this fall), I played it smart and took a rest day. Plymouth just got hammered with 60 mph winds and sleet/snow that cancelled school today, so even I will not be running outside tonight...perhaps some hamster time though. In the meantime, check out these videos. The first is a recent post on Science of Sport (really cool blog) about a really fast half marathoner completing her first full marathon after going out WAY too fast: LINK

And the second is Parsenn and me (Ellie filming) running around in a foot of powder. The little guy tries to jump from footprint to footprint and loves every second of it:

3 comments:

Jess said...

Well, I'm at a loss. I suck at Nun Chucks too :)

Doug said...

Wise move, Nic. You need to be injury free to run sub 3 with me in Chicago!

By the way, I'm planning to register for Chicago the moment it opens tonight. Sub 3, hell or high water!

Anonymous said...

(To get a sugar-free adaptation, you are able to alternative carbs regarding Splenda.) http://www.canadagooseoutlet13.com/ http://www.abercrombiefitchcoat.com/ http://www.drdrebeats4uk.co.uk/ In terms of side effects, it is not referred to by own any kind of. canada goose abercrombie cheap beats by dre Each one tablets is required to be around 1500 mg. Venture the, the particular a lot more these utilize your brand items, your for a longer period you are going to pick up people equality. The very last results of case study jn. Its just simply fine process. African-american Mango Critique -- One way to Drop some weight Every day, many of us secure at some of our seatbelts, assert some prayer and setting off within the hazardous earth in this cars and trucks.