25 August 2007

This is me being an idiot...

I really should have rested today. But the progress in my right heel that was made in the last couple days really made me want to run today. So I did. I did a nice 5 mile loop in town, and unfortunately found my heel really hurting at about mile 4, but I could "feel" it the whole time. It's official, I need some rest. Overall, I ran good, finishing 5 miles in 35:20, with an average heart rate of 161. I just really want to get the leg straightened out and get in at least one long fast run before I begin my "Taper Madness," of which I struggle every time. I don't know what it is about resting, especially in the tapering portion of the training, but I'm terrible at it! Just one more run...a couple more miles...just to make sure I haven't lost anything...

No comments: