28 January 2015

Time to Get Goin'

I'm 15 lbs heavier than I was when I ran Glacial.  It's time to start looking ahead to 2015's trail running season.

Anticipated Events:

June: Kettle Moraine 50k.  I'm excited for this one.  It's got a neat start time, it's point-to-point, it's new to me.  I intentionally avoided Ice Age in May this year because last year was really not fun to complete due to poor training.  Turns out, this winter has been pretty mild thus far and probably conducing to training.  Oh well.  As I mentioned, I'm +15 in the weight category.

July: Dances With Dirt - Devils Lake 50k.  I hope to get to this one and run a lot faster than last year, but family stuff may prevent it.

August: Marquette Trail 50k. My favorite race.  Let's see if weather and training cooperate to get me finished faster than 4:42.

September: Lapham Peak Trail Marathon.  Four-Peat?

I'd also like to run another race in September, but The North Face moved their race to October, so that's out.  Maybe a FKT attempt on the NK50k?  NK100k?  TBD.

October:  Glacial Trail 50 miler.

Right now I'm on Day 3 of a cleanse that is much overdue and headed to the gym tonight to lift some weights for the first time in possibly 10 years.  Gonna be sore tomorrow!

No comments: