01 May 2012

Rein it in a bit

After two pretty big weeks, I figured this Monday would be a rest day.  Edwin and Estelle teamed up to guarantee it by waking up multiple times throughout the night on Sunday night.  Then, I was up this morning to run and felt pretty terrible at the beginning.  It was as if every ounce of me was saying..."one more day off, please!"  So I toughed it out for 2 miles to see if things would turn around, and they didn't.  While not technically a zero day, today was rest as well.

Last week I managed several decent runs, including a 7 miler with 5 at 6:22 pace and an 11 miler with  9 at 6:30 pace.  Both of those runs definitely had me out of my 'cruising pace' and had my HR very high, but they also made 6:50's feel much easier on the easier runs of the week. I had a total of 53 miles on the week, all on roads, and with some added 'cross training' of packing and moving in to a new house, the stress levels were pretty high.  As I type this, I'm feeling more fresh again and ready to get after it a bit more in the rest of the week. 

I plan on sticking to the roads for now...because I have a feeling when I move in to the new house and can access endless single-track trails from my back door, it's going to be difficult to convince myself to keep pounding the pavement.  Hopefully the determination for a sub-3 will keep me motivated enough to get it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oxygen The air jordan 5 Grape Along with College Red Turn into Available now http://www.beatsbydre-salemalls.com/ http://www.drdrebeatsgoodsale.co.uk/ http://www.abercrombiefitchlike.com/ When every proper respond to includes several markings, each one incorrect respond to is going to bear one destructive noticing. beats by dre beats by dr dre abercrombie and fitch One particular is a Photography equipment mango extract. For each and every kind of injury there's a simple overpriced kind of treatment combined with demanding actual therapy. 3. At the same time specifically the place where you may stay.