20 April 2008

Borderline Addiction

An addiction to the IAT, that is.

After such a great track workout I decided to treat myself to some more trails, in the form of 8.5 miles on Saturday and 20(ish) on Sunday. These trails aren't all too friendly to speed, so I settled in today knowing that I wasn't going to run 7:15's. Probably not even 8:00's. I was okay with that, though, because the overall exertion on those 20 miles would be worth their weight in leg strength. These trails are a knock 'em down, drag 'em out, my-quads-are-burning-and-I'm-about-to-trip-and-knock-myself-unconscious challenge. I'm guessing they're not as tough as the Superior Trails (no bouldering required here) but in my own very limited amount of trailrunning experience, they're pretty tough.
I ran some more of the Glacial Trail course, from Butler Lake to Hwy S and back, then the Butler Lake loop.

The first 17.5 miles were done in 2:29 (8:28 pace), and I jogged/hiked the last 3.1 and soaked up a B...E...A...utiful Wisconsin spring day. I'll let you know how the legs feel tomorrow!

No comments: