07 September 2007

Breaking in the new shoes...

This week Ellie and I both purchased new trail shoes as well as another pair of running shoes for our upcoming runs. Today was the maiden voyage for my new Brooks Racer ST3's. I ran 5 miles in town (the Cheesehead Chase route) in 32:35, with an avg HR of 163 and a max of 185. That max HR is a new record for me, by the way. I've been working my percentages off of a max HR of 191, and I'm guessing that's pretty close to accurate. Most of my PMP runs have been at an HR of roughly 151, so I'm pretty happy with my run today. Again, I had no problems with the feet, although my right soleus muscle did tighten up again. I stretched a LOT tonight in anticipation of tomorrow's workout while watching the early episodes of "Prison Break." I know I'm leaving on a tangent here, but what male doesn't love a series about a guy intentionally getting himself convicted of a crime, only to bust himself out of prison using the blueprint tatooed all over his body? I love it, yet somehow have never watched it...until tonight.

Back to the running...The Brooks have officially 5.1 miles on them. I'm not sure how i'm going to keep track of that...perhaps a sidebar, as I've noticed a lot of other runners keep track of this religiously. Me...not so much. I really have no idea what kind of miles are on my shoes. I do know that have recently run in the Asics GT 2110's that I ran last year's marathons in, and that they have holes in their fabric across my toes. But I'm keeping them anyway...

No comments: