30 August 2007

Back on the wagon...

Last night and today I took my mountain bike over to the local ski hill (if you can call it that), put it in it's lowest gear, and went up and down the hill. Nutt Hill is by no means tall, but it is steep. When I was in football in high school, friends and I would try to make it up and down the hill without stopping 4 times. We never did. The record still stands at 3 and a half. It was a good workout on the bike also, as my HR would get up to around 175 by the top of the hill, and when I got back down to the bottom it would be at 140-150. I did this over and over again for about 45 minutes this morning, then went over to a local park and ran 15 minutes in the grass. My avg HR for the run was 160, which tells me I was probably running at a decent clip, perhaps 7:00 or 7:15 miles. The heel did not act up at all--completely asymptomatic. This was a great experience. This weekend I will be heading out to the Greenbush Bike/Hike Trails, where I'll be hoping to put in around 15 miles (3 loops on the purple trail) at planned marathon pace.

No comments: