29 September 2013

Final Touches

There.  Done.

I've trained just about as hard (okay...95% of my max effort) as I could for Glacial.  Okay...I have to admit it--I left training miles out there.  But for this summer in this year of my life, I've done what I could do.

I can't wait to get through the next two weeks and run.  This week was a solid 55 miles, covering all of the course, and I felt pretty crappy through the whole thing.  I attribute this to the previous trail marathons I ran hard at, and I only hope to rest up and sharpen the edge a bit before October 13th.  As of today, this guy is now signed up which means I just moved down another position in finishing order, but all I can do is run my own race!  A couple years ago I ran 4:09 and finished 3rd.  This year, that time may not get me 5th, but I'm hoping to be around 4:10-4:15 on the day.

I honestly believe I'll be faster before I get slower, but with family and life right now, it's just tough.  My best days are still ahead, and I hope to have one of those good days in a couple weeks.

Then, I hope to share a beer with Rasmus, Dan, Matt, GR and all the rest of the Glacial Trail boys and girls...before this race gets bigger also~

Until my race report, Happy Trails to You Until We Meet Again.

2 comments:

Daniel Crouse said...

Good luck Nic. I'll be out there! Stop out to the group camp site on Sat if you get a chance.

nwgdc said...

Group Camp, Dan?