29 May 2009

TGlavenIF

I'm off to Columbus, Ohio, for the a fun-filled weekend of Chiro Business talk. I've already found a couple places I want to run, so that's something to look forward to, along with the fact I rented one sweet ride to cruise C-bus in.

Have a great weekend!

Even you, Horse teeth.

UPDATE/UPGRADE: Upon arrival in CBus, I was given a FREE upgrade to a...wait for it...Toyota Carolla! I was also given the option of a Jetta (additional $5) or Corvette (additional $50), but passed on both, thus upholding my total tightass tendencies.

UPDATE2: I ran at the Alum Creek Mountain Bike trails today, and they were amazing! They reminded me a bit of the Greenbush Single Track I run on a lot, only condensed into a smaller area, with less hills. The first 6 mile loop was done in 48, second loop in 44. Humid, too!

9 comments:

Jess said...

Enjoy your trip!

Glaven Q. Heisenberg said...

Right. "Have a great weekend!" he sez, while declaring he intends to travel - what? - a couple hundred miles that same weekend. (How far is Columbus from Soviet Keil?)

East. Where Joisey is. Where I am. I can't help but see this as some sort of encroachment on my territory.

You were probably better off with the Hyundai. I actually bought a Hyundai as my first NEW car back in 1987, before you were born. Because it was cheap. That was when they first came out and were considered one step above a Yugo. Even I didn't sink to Yugo standards. The gear shift letters were Cyrillic.

Before you laugh and make fun of me, keep in mind, Teh 'Bride bought THE EXACT SAME CAR as her first new Ride in 1987. So you'd be making FUN OF HER by proxy, which, trust me, you don't wanna be doing. This was before I knew her. She still had it (and I mine) when we met 3 years later.

Whereas EVERY SINGLE YUGO had imploded by then.

Now, Hyundais are so upscale I couldn't afford one. Well, could, but wouldn't because of the whole cheapness thing.

I just google mapped Columbus and it seems its like FIVE HUNDRED miles closer!

Back OFF, man!

nwgdc said...

I'm not on my way to Jersey, G. My next stop is MAINE.

SteveQ said...

Maine? Thought you were already married!

Lily on the Road said...

To date, I've been blessed with no Glaven sightings on my blog LOL. Enjoy your stay in Maine, be on the lookout for Marcy!!

Marcy said...

Awwwwwhhhhhh yeah!! HAHAHHAAAAAA You just dissed, G. Who does Dr Nic love best now? And don't play! Like you wouldN'T want Dr Nic to encroach on your territory :P

Carolina John said...

haha, man glaven is so old. i think he runs with a cane.

have a safe trip!

B. Kramer said...

You were in Ohio? You should have told me. I would have prepared something. Like a tiger trap.

Glad you enjoyed the run. Cheers.

Glaven Q. Heisenberg said...

I have it on good authority that Teh Marcy is only romantically interested in the Maine horses. I dunno - I think she may've been hanging around Cletus's blog too long.

So what do YOU intend to do to keep her from retiring this week, huh?

You better hope Ellie stopped reading your blog because that Maine crack will earn you a bag-tag if she sees it.

In an unrelated matter, what's her e-mail address?

No reason.