19 June 2008

Mid Week Rundown

Coming off my biggest week of the year (59 miles), I was interested to see how I felt. End result: not too shabby! Still, this week will be a slower week as I dedicate more time in preparation for my duties as head cheerleader at Grandma's for Ellie. I plan on making her laugh, keeping her motivated, and also having a blast tracking her progress from Two Harbors to Duluth. It's gonna be fun!

Monday was a simple 4 miles, followed by 3 on Tuesday. Wednesday got filed as a ZERO, but today I made up for it by putting in 16 miles on the Ice Age Trail in 2:11 (8:11 pace...not bad!). The best part of the run? I got back to my car, stripped down to my shorts, and found no evidence of ticks!
This morning's run consisted of the Southern-most 8 miles of the IAT in the Northern Kettle Moraine State Forest, which is the only part of the 31+ miles I had not run yet. I've officially covered every step of the little yellow dots on the map found here.

I don't see much running in my future for the rest of the week, but next week I'll be back at it. In the meantime, wish Ellie luck!

9 comments:

Steve Stenzel said...

Good luck Ellie!!!

Hey, do you mind sharing your real name? That way, if/when we see each other during the race, you can say "Hey Steve in a Speedo!! It's ________ from the blogosphere!" And I'll know what you're talking about...

Again, GOOD LUCK ELLIE!!!

keith said...

Good luck, ellie!

Should be a perfect day for a race on Sat.

GRIMEYRUNNER said...

GOOD LUCK ELLIE!

Nic,
Good job with your big week! And a great pace on the IAT. The fear of ticks can make a man run fast.
I hope you two have a great weekend.
Pete

Marcy said...

Gawd Steve is such a perv. Trying to pick up men at that races. LOL I'm KIDDING!

GOOD LUCK to the Mrs!! I'm sure she'll do awesome ;D

Tom@RunnersLounge said...

Way to hold up so well with your high mileage week.

Have a great time at Grandma's.

Jenn said...

Wow - - I'm impressed with the mileage and your pace. (I'm slow.)

Good luck to your honey at Grandma's!

*aron* said...

good luck ellie!!!!!!!!

Nitmos said...

59 miles? I've never done that in a week.

Good luck to the Mrs. at Grandma's.

Anonymous said...

It had been good to ascertain the fact that the study design and style ended up being randomized to ensure starting up the iron were evened away from the IGOB131-treatment staff additionally, the control cluster. http://www.canadagooseoutlet13.com/ http://www.abercrombiefitchcoat.com/ http://www.drdrebeats4uk.co.uk/ Listed below are what you must find out if you happen to plan to publication meant for Ak halibut outdoor visit inside your picked location. canada goose abercrombie and fitch cheap beats by dre " Therefore we start to use to comprehend the companies extended warranty and even risk engaged well before changing our car with regard to any factors. Every so often a whole new ingredient demonstrating guarantee gives the look of pray for you if you received not have any chance while using previous "miraculous" weightloss treatment method. For more info, have a look at. What is more, careful research laboratory investigate has shown that will ingredients within the plant's seed products could possibly slow down unwanted fat development. afrika mangosu assists you to weight problems individuals safely and also swiftly shed extra pounds, loose belly fat, and lower his or her's cholesterol Monk Press